Facebook Badge

Sunday, August 17, 2014

VERTICAL PAPER BAG MINI ALBUM

This is my first mini album and it's not original to me - the "hidden hinge" for the binding is Kathy Orta's design, and using envelopes for the pages (vertically) is by "My Sisters Scrapper" - you can find either of them on YouTube and check out the "how to's".

I wanted to make this mini album for my daughter's birthday today as a way to keep her pics of her new cat which she got for her birthday, as well as the actual pics of her party with family, and then the sweet event she's going to with her Aunt and cousin next weekend. 

This post is picture heavy but I wanted to show the versatility of it. I used two paper packs - "Confetti Wishes" our new birthday paper, and last years "Dream Pop" which matched perfectly. I love how our papers are inter-changeable and you're never caught short!

Here's what the "hidden hinges" looked like before I finished the cover:


The pages are "Celebration" brand paper bags from Michaels, which I cut down to 8.5" tall. The cover is chipboard covered with CTMH black cardstock.


I used Dream Pop to cover it along with some retired Base & Bling jewels from the fall book. I also used the "Confetti Wishes" Complements for some fast and easy decorating.



The bottom of the paper bag makes a nice pocket for journaling tags or memorabilia. Each page has a flap over it which opens for more room for pictures:




On the back  cover I made a "waterfall" of seven 4" flaps for smaller pictures or whatever she'd like to add to them.


The tops of the paper bags are left open and most people add another piece of decorated cardstock to slide in there for more pictures, however, I left them empty because my daughter loves to save her birthday cards. I'm going to trim them down to fit so she can read her birthday wishes over and over again.

Finally, here was her BIG birthday present - her new cat Sprite! Sprites' pictures will be included in this mini album.


I'm now hooked on mini albums and am all set to try the gatefold style to make one for our latest puppy addition to the family. Let me know if you want to join me and try one out too!

As usual, thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment