Facebook Badge

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

THANKSGIVING AND SALES....

We've already had Thanksgiving up here in Canada but I just wanted to say I'm so thankful for this past year. Our family's seen another huge change in moving back out west and leaving family and friends behind. My husband's changed jobs and it's hard to leave a job you love so much. Our kids have had to adapt once again to new people, new programs, and a new house.

But, I'm just thankful that we have a house! And thankful that my husband has a job, and we all have our health. Because really, those are the basics and that's a lot to be thankful for! I'm thankful that I've got the husband and children that God gave me, and thankful that I've also got friends right across this great country.

American Thanksgiving seems to launch everyone in to Holiday Mode - once we hit this weekend the craziness, busyness, and intense emotions that go with the holidays envelopes all of us. And while I'm thankful that everyone in my family is still alive to sit around the Christmas table and enjoy each other this year, I know that countless others will be missing family members who've died over the past year. 

I've long since given up on having a "perfect" Christmas (or Thanksgiving!) because it just can't be done. I'm happy to have Chinese food instead of turkey, if that's what my husband wants - indeed, we did it last year. And you know what? It was just fine and just as fun! To be together is the greatest gift of all.

So, to all my American Close To My Heart sisters, friends, and family, Happy Thanksgiving! 

No comments:

Post a Comment